posted Jul 27, 2010, 11:33 AM by Cody Edgell
updated Jul 27, 2010, 12:04 PM
Xradia MicroXCT Batch 3
Training is during the third week of July
| Trainee|| PI || Department||Completed Training?|
| Reina Koganemaru||Nikki Miller||Biology|| YES |
| Jiang Li||Khai Ngo||MSE|| YES|
for the Training session
- Day 1: Overview of X-Ray physics and reconstruction methods, introduction to the machine.
- Day 2: Observation of trainer operating the controller with extensive note taking
- Day 3: Supervised practice using the controller, introduction to the reconstructor.
- Day 4: More supervised practice using the controller and reconstructor, introduction to 3d viewer.
- Day 5: More Supervised practice using controller, reconstructor and 3d viewer.
These should be completed before attending the first
training session starts, there are some requirements that you need to
Safety Certification: Visit the
Environmental, Health and Safety Services (EHSS) site and register for
X-ray Equipment class. Then
complete the Radiation Safety course through Blackboard. (This
class can be completed ONLINE; you do NOT have to attend any lectures.)
A radiation badge will be assigned to you and it must be worn
at all times when using the scanners. Allow for some time
for EHSS to deliver badges - usually your badges
are directly mailed to us
- NCFL Entry Card: You
need to get a security key card for building access. For more details,
read the section on "Physical Access" at the NCFL site.
- Collaboration Guidelines: You and the project PI
need to review the Collaborator
webpage for guidelines of facility usage. Following this, send an email
to the SAMCT
manager and Director (project PI in CC), stating that your project
team accepts the Guidelines.
Training Material: Go through the online
training material (tutorials, videos).
After the Training
successful completion of training, ask the SAMCT
manager to give you:
- Security code to enter the CT
login and password
- You are allowed to operate only the
scanner for which you have completed training.
- Always schedule