Due to a large amount of interest in the Micro XCT machine we are currently experiencing a backlog of training requests. We will address these training requests in a timely manner and appreciate your patience.
Welcome to the training section. To complete training on the scanners, you must do the following:
Before the Training
These should be completed before attending the first training session:
Attend the In-house Training Sessions
- Radiation Safety Certification: Visit the Environmental, Health and Safety Services (EHSS) site and register for the Cabinet
X-ray Equipment class. Then complete the Radiation Safety course through Blackboard. (This class can be completed ONLINE; you do NOT have to attend any lectures.)
A radiation badge will be assigned to you and it must be worn at all times when using the scanners. Allow for some time for EHSS to deliver badges - usually your badges
are directly mailed to us
- NCFL Entry Card: Entry to NCFL building (where our facility is located) is restricted. You need to get a security key card for building access. For more details, read the section on "Physical Access" at the NCFL site.
- Collaboration Guidelines: You and the project PI need to review the Collaborator webpage for guidelines of facility usage. Following this, send an email to the SAMCT manager and Director (project PI in CC), stating that your project team accepts the Guidelines.
- Online Training Material: Go through the online training material (tutorials, videos) given below.
Attend and complete the in-house training sessions. Training would take 4-5 sessions a the scanner. Details about training are given at Training Sessions page.
After the Training
- After successful completion of training, ask the SAMCT manager to give you:
- Security code to enter the CT facility.
- Scheduler login and password
- You are allowed to operate only the scanner for which you have completed training.
- Always schedule instrument before usage.
ONLINE TRAINING MATERIAL